|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-12530|
|Title||Subtomogram average of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19/AZD1222 derived SARS-CoV-2 spike glycoprotein|
|Sample||Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2:|
|Biological species||Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2|
|Method||subtomogram averaging / cryo EM / Resolution: 11.6 Å|
|Authors||Watanabe Y / Mendonca LM / Allen ER / Howe A / Lee M / Allen JD / Chawla H / Pulido D / Donnellan F / Davies H ...Watanabe Y / Mendonca LM / Allen ER / Howe A / Lee M / Allen JD / Chawla H / Pulido D / Donnellan F / Davies H / Ulaszewska M / Belij-Rammerstorfer S / Morris S / Krebs AS / Dejnirattisai W / Mongkolsapaya J / Supasa P / Screaton GR / Green CM / Lambe T / Zhang P / Gilbert SC / Crispin M|
|Citation||Journal: bioRxiv / Year: 2021|
Title: Native-like SARS-CoV-2 spike glycoprotein expressed by ChAdOx1 nCoV-19/AZD1222 vaccine.
Authors: Yasunori Watanabe / Luiza Mendonça / Elizabeth R Allen / Andrew Howe / Mercede Lee / Joel D Allen / Himanshi Chawla / David Pulido / Francesca Donnellan / Hannah Davies / Marta Ulaszewska / ...Authors: Yasunori Watanabe / Luiza Mendonça / Elizabeth R Allen / Andrew Howe / Mercede Lee / Joel D Allen / Himanshi Chawla / David Pulido / Francesca Donnellan / Hannah Davies / Marta Ulaszewska / Sandra Belij-Rammerstorfer / Susan Morris / Anna-Sophia Krebs / Wanwisa Dejnirattisai / Juthathip Mongkolsapaya / Piyada Supasa / Gavin R Screaton / Catherine M Green / Teresa Lambe / Peijun Zhang / Sarah C Gilbert / Max Crispin
Abstract: Vaccine development against the SARS-CoV-2 virus focuses on the principal target of the neutralizing immune response, the spike (S) glycoprotein. Adenovirus-vectored vaccines offer an effective ...Vaccine development against the SARS-CoV-2 virus focuses on the principal target of the neutralizing immune response, the spike (S) glycoprotein. Adenovirus-vectored vaccines offer an effective platform for the delivery of viral antigen, but it is important for the generation of neutralizing antibodies that they produce appropriately processed and assembled viral antigen that mimics that observed on the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Here, we describe the structure, conformation and glycosylation of the S protein derived from the adenovirus-vectored ChAdOx1 nCoV-19/AZD1222 vaccine. We demonstrate native-like post-translational processing and assembly, and reveal the expression of S proteins on the surface of cells adopting the trimeric prefusion conformation. The data presented here confirms the use of ChAdOx1 adenovirus vectors as a leading platform technology for SARS-CoV-2 vaccines.
|Validation Report||Summary, Full report, XML, About validation report|
|Structure viewer||EM map: |
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_12530.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 21.2 MB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS FLOATING POINT NUMBER (4 BYTES)|
|Projections & slices|
Images are generated by Spider.
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 2.13 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
|Entire||Name: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 / Number of components: 1|
-Component #1: virus, Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
|Virus||Name: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 / Class: VIRION / Empty: Yes / Enveloped: No / Isolate: STRAIN|
|Species||Species: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2|
|Source (engineered)||Expression System: Homo sapiens (human)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Particle / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||pH: 7.4|
|Vitrification||Cryogen name: ETHANE|
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: TFS KRIOS|
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 3 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 QUANTUM (4k x 4k)|
|Processing||Method: subtomogram averaging / Applied symmetry: C3 (3 fold cyclic) / Number of subtomograms: 11391|
|3D reconstruction||Resolution: 11.6 Å / Resolution method: FSC 0.5 CUT-OFF|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi