|Entry||Database: EMDB / ID: EMD-10309|
|Title||cryo-ET of cryo-FIB milled yeast cell, in which scs2/22 ist2 are deleted, with high intracellular calcium; shown in Figures 5C and S3F|
|Sample||cryo-ET of cryo-FIB milled yeast cell, in which scs2/22 ist2 are deleted, with high intracellular calcium; shown in Figures 5C and S3F|
|Biological species||Saccharomyces cerevisiae (baker's yeast)|
|Method||electron tomography / cryo EM|
|Authors||Hoffmann PC / Bharat TAM / Wozny MR / Boulanger J / Miller EA / Kukulski W|
|Funding support|| United Kingdom, 3 items |
|Citation||Journal: Dev Cell / Year: 2019|
Title: Tricalbins Contribute to Cellular Lipid Flux and Form Curved ER-PM Contacts that Are Bridged by Rod-Shaped Structures.
Authors: Patrick C Hoffmann / Tanmay A M Bharat / Michael R Wozny / Jerome Boulanger / Elizabeth A Miller / Wanda Kukulski /
Abstract: Lipid flow between cellular organelles occurs via membrane contact sites. Extended-synaptotagmins, known as tricalbins in yeast, mediate lipid transfer between the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and ...Lipid flow between cellular organelles occurs via membrane contact sites. Extended-synaptotagmins, known as tricalbins in yeast, mediate lipid transfer between the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and plasma membrane (PM). How these proteins regulate membrane architecture to transport lipids across the aqueous space between bilayers remains unknown. Using correlative microscopy, electron cryo-tomography, and high-throughput genetics, we address the interplay of architecture and function in budding yeast. We find that ER-PM contacts differ in protein composition and membrane morphology, not in intermembrane distance. In situ electron cryo-tomography reveals the molecular organization of tricalbin-mediated contacts, suggesting a structural framework for putative lipid transfer. Genetic analysis uncovers functional overlap with cellular lipid routes, such as maintenance of PM asymmetry. Further redundancies are suggested for individual tricalbin protein domains. We propose a modularity of molecular and structural functions of tricalbins and of their roles within the cellular network of lipid distribution pathways.
Downloads & links
|File||Download / File: emd_10309.map.gz / Format: CCP4 / Size: 1.4 GB / Type: IMAGE STORED AS SIGNED BYTE|
|Voxel size||X=Y=Z: 7.4 Å|
|Symmetry||Space group: 1|
CCP4 map header:
-Entire cryo-ET of cryo-FIB milled yeast cell, in which scs2/22 ist2 are ...
|Entire||Name: cryo-ET of cryo-FIB milled yeast cell, in which scs2/22 ist2 are deleted, with high intracellular calcium; shown in Figures 5C and S3F|
Number of components: 1
-Component #1: cellular-component, cryo-ET of cryo-FIB milled yeast cell, in whi...
|Cellular-component||Name: cryo-ET of cryo-FIB milled yeast cell, in which scs2/22 ist2 are deleted, with high intracellular calcium; shown in Figures 5C and S3F|
Recombinant expression: No
|Source||Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (baker's yeast)|
|Specimen||Specimen state: Cell / Method: cryo EM|
|Sample solution||Buffer solution: Synthetic Complete -Trp medium with 15% high molecular weight dextran (w/v), 2 % glucose and 200 mM calcium chloride|
|Vitrification||Instrument: HOMEMADE PLUNGER / Cryogen name: ETHANE / Temperature: 298 K|
Details: 5 microliter of cell suspension was applied to the grid and then backside-blotted for 12-15 s.
-Electron microscopy imaging
Model: Titan Krios / Image courtesy: FEI Company
|Imaging||Microscope: FEI TITAN KRIOS|
Details: Montaged images of the grid were acquired at 200 nm pixel size to localize the lamellae on the grid. Overview montages of the individual lamellae were acquired at about 5 nm pixel size to ...Details: Montaged images of the grid were acquired at 200 nm pixel size to localize the lamellae on the grid. Overview montages of the individual lamellae were acquired at about 5 nm pixel size to assess the lamellae quality and identify ER-PM contact sites within the cells
|Electron gun||Electron source: FIELD EMISSION GUN / Accelerating voltage: 300 kV / Electron dose: 1 e/Å2 / Illumination mode: FLOOD BEAM|
|Lens||Imaging mode: BRIGHT FIELD|
|Specimen Holder||Model: OTHER|
|Camera||Detector: GATAN K2 SUMMIT (4k x 4k)|
|Image acquisition||Details: Electron cryo-tomographic tilt-series were collected on a Titan Krios (FEI) operated at 300 kV using a Quantum energy filter (slit width 20 eV) and a K2 direct electron detector (Gatan) in ...Details: Electron cryo-tomographic tilt-series were collected on a Titan Krios (FEI) operated at 300 kV using a Quantum energy filter (slit width 20 eV) and a K2 direct electron detector (Gatan) in counting mode at a pixel size of 3.7 angstroms and at a dose rate of ~ 2-4 e-/pixel/second on the detector. Tilt-series were acquired between +/- 60 degrees starting from 0 degrees with 1 degrees increment using SerialEM (Mastronarde, 2005) following a grouped dose-symmetric acquisition with a group size of 4 (Bharat et al., 2018; Hagen et al., 2017), and at -5 micron defocus. A dose of 1.0 e-/square angstroms was applied per image of the tilt-series.|
|Processing||Method: electron tomography / Number of sections: 106|
|3D reconstruction||Algorithm: SIMULTANEOUS ITERATIVE (SIRT) / Software: eTomo / Details: 10 SIRT iterations|
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Thousand views of thousand structures
- Yorodumi is a browser for structure data from EMDB, PDB, SASBDB, etc.
- This page is also the successor to EM Navigator detail page, and also detail information page/front-end page for Omokage search.
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Comparison of 3 databanks / Yorodumi Search / Aug 31, 2016. New EM Navigator & Yorodumi / Yorodumi Papers / Jmol/JSmol / Function and homology information / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi