|Title||Conformational dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 trimeric spike glycoprotein in complex with receptor ACE2 revealed by cryo-EM.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Sci Adv, Vol. 7, Issue 1, Year 2021|
|Publish date||Jan 1, 2021|
|Authors||Cong Xu / Yanxing Wang / Caixuan Liu / Chao Zhang / Wenyu Han / Xiaoyu Hong / Yifan Wang / Qin Hong / Shutian Wang / Qiaoyu Zhao / Yalei Wang / Yong Yang / Kaijian Chen / Wei Zheng / Liangliang Kong / Fangfang Wang / Qinyu Zuo / Zhong Huang / Yao Cong /|
|PubMed Abstract||The recent outbreaks of SARS-CoV-2 pose a global health emergency. The SARS-CoV-2 trimeric spike (S) glycoprotein interacts with the human ACE2 receptor to mediate viral entry into host cells. We ...The recent outbreaks of SARS-CoV-2 pose a global health emergency. The SARS-CoV-2 trimeric spike (S) glycoprotein interacts with the human ACE2 receptor to mediate viral entry into host cells. We report the cryo-EM structures of a tightly closed SARS-CoV-2 S trimer with packed fusion peptide and an ACE2-bound S trimer at 2.7- and 3.8-Å resolution, respectively. Accompanying ACE2 binding to the up receptor-binding domain (RBD), the associated ACE2-RBD exhibits continuous swing motions. Notably, the SARS-CoV-2 S trimer appears much more sensitive to the ACE2 receptor than the SARS-CoV S trimer regarding receptor-triggered transformation from the closed prefusion state to the fusion-prone open state, potentially contributing to the superior infectivity of SARS-CoV-2. We defined the RBD T470-T478 loop and Y505 as viral determinants for specific recognition of SARS-CoV-2 RBD by ACE2. Our findings depict the mechanism of ACE2-induced S trimer conformational transitions from the ground prefusion state toward the postfusion state, facilitating development of anti-SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and therapeutics.|
|External links||Sci Adv / PubMed:33277323 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||2.7 - 6 Å|
|Keywords||ACE2 protein, human / Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 / Animals / Cryoelectron Microscopy / Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay / Humans / Image Processing, Computer-Assisted / Ligands / Mice / Mice, Inbred BALB C / Mutation / Peptides / Polysaccharides / Principal Component Analysis / Protein Binding / Protein Domains / SARS-CoV-2 / Spike Glycoprotein, Coronavirus / spike protein, SARS-CoV-2 / VIRAL PROTEIN / Spike glycoprotein / coronavirus / SARS-CoV-2 virus / closed state / receptor ACE2 / COVID-19|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi