|Title||Rational development of a human antibody cocktail that deploys multiple functions to confer Pan-SARS-CoVs protection.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Cell Res, Vol. 31, Issue 1, Page 25-36, Year 2021|
|Publish date||Dec 1, 2020|
|Authors||Hangping Yao / Yao Sun / Yong-Qiang Deng / Nan Wang / Yongcong Tan / Na-Na Zhang / Xiao-Feng Li / Chao Kong / Yan-Peng Xu / Qi Chen / Tian-Shu Cao / Hui Zhao / Xintian Yan / Lei Cao / Zhe Lv / Dandan Zhu / Rui Feng / Nanping Wu / Wenhai Zhang / Yuhao Hu / Keda Chen / Rong-Rong Zhang / Qingyu Lv / Shihui Sun / Yunhua Zhou / Run Yan / Guan Yang / Xinglu Sun / Chanjuan Liu / Xiangyun Lu / Linfang Cheng / Hongying Qiu / Xing-Yao Huang / Tianhao Weng / Danrong Shi / Weidong Jiang / Junbin Shao / Lei Wang / Jie Zhang / Tao Jiang / Guojun Lang / Cheng-Feng Qin / Lanjuan Li / Xiangxi Wang /|
|PubMed Abstract||Structural principles underlying the composition and synergistic mechanisms of protective monoclonal antibody cocktails are poorly defined. Here, we exploited antibody cooperativity to develop a ...Structural principles underlying the composition and synergistic mechanisms of protective monoclonal antibody cocktails are poorly defined. Here, we exploited antibody cooperativity to develop a therapeutic antibody cocktail against SARS-CoV-2. On the basis of our previously identified humanized cross-neutralizing antibody H014, we systematically analyzed a fully human naive antibody library and rationally identified a potent neutralizing antibody partner, P17, which confers effective protection in animal model. Cryo-EM studies dissected the nature of the P17 epitope, which is SARS-CoV-2 specific and distinctly different from that of H014. High-resolution structure of the SARS-CoV-2 spike in complex with H014 and P17, together with functional investigations revealed that in a two-antibody cocktail, synergistic neutralization was achieved by S1 shielding and conformational locking, thereby blocking receptor attachment and viral membrane fusion, conferring high potency as well as robustness against viral mutation escape. Furthermore, cluster analysis identified a hypothetical 3rd antibody partner for further reinforcing the cocktail as pan-SARS-CoVs therapeutics.|
|External links||Cell Res / PubMed:33262452 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.2 - 3.9 Å|
|Keywords||Animals / Antibodies, Neutralizing / Antibodies, Viral / COVID-19 / Chlorocebus aethiops / Disease Models, Animal / Epitopes / Humans / SARS-CoV-2 / Single-Chain Antibodies / Vero Cells / VIRAL PROTEIN / Complex / Fab / SARS-CoV-2 spike protein / SARS-CoV-2 spike / Cocktail|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi