|Title||Structure of the RSC complex bound to the nucleosome.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Science, Vol. 366, Issue 6467, Page 838-843, Year 2019|
|Publish date||Nov 15, 2019|
|Authors||Youpi Ye / Hao Wu / Kangjing Chen / Cedric R Clapier / Naveen Verma / Wenhao Zhang / Haiteng Deng / Bradley R Cairns / Ning Gao / Zhucheng Chen /|
|PubMed Abstract||The RSC complex remodels chromatin structure and regulates gene transcription. We used cryo-electron microscopy to determine the structure of yeast RSC bound to the nucleosome. RSC is delineated into ...The RSC complex remodels chromatin structure and regulates gene transcription. We used cryo-electron microscopy to determine the structure of yeast RSC bound to the nucleosome. RSC is delineated into the adenosine triphosphatase motor, the actin-related protein module, and the substrate recruitment module (SRM). RSC binds the nucleosome mainly through the motor, with the auxiliary subunit Sfh1 engaging the H2A-H2B acidic patch to enable nucleosome ejection. SRM is organized into three substrate-binding lobes poised to bind their respective nucleosomal epitopes. The relative orientations of the SRM and the motor on the nucleosome explain the directionality of DNA translocation and promoter nucleosome repositioning by RSC. Our findings shed light on RSC assembly and functionality, and they provide a framework to understand the mammalian homologs BAF/PBAF and the Sfh1 ortholog INI1/BAF47, which are frequently mutated in cancers.|
|External links||Science / PubMed:31672915|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.4 - 7.55 Å|
|Keywords||Actins / BANF1 protein, human / Cell Cycle Proteins / Chromatin / Chromosomal Proteins, Non-Histone / Cryoelectron Microscopy / DNA-Binding Proteins / Nucleosomes / Protein Domains / RSC complex, S cerevisiae / SFH1 protein, S. cerevisiae / SMARCB1 Protein / SMARCB1 protein, human / Saccharomyces cerevisiae Proteins / Transcription Factors / DNA BINDING PROTEIN / chromatin remodeler / SWI/SNF family / DNA BINDING PROTEIN/DNA / DNA BINDING PROTEIN-DNA complex|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi