|Title||Cryo-EM structure of the yeast U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP at 3.7 Å resolution.|
|Journal, issue, pages||Nature, Vol. 530, Issue 7590, Page 298-302, Year 2016|
|Publish date||Feb 18, 2016|
|Authors||Thi Hoang Duong Nguyen / Wojciech P Galej / Xiao-Chen Bai / Chris Oubridge / Andrew J Newman / Sjors H W Scheres / Kiyoshi Nagai /|
|PubMed Abstract||U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP represents a substantial part of the spliceosome before activation. A cryo-electron microscopy structure of Saccharomyces cerevisiae U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP at 3.7 Å resolution led ...U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP represents a substantial part of the spliceosome before activation. A cryo-electron microscopy structure of Saccharomyces cerevisiae U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP at 3.7 Å resolution led to an essentially complete atomic model comprising 30 proteins plus U4/U6 and U5 small nuclear RNAs (snRNAs). The structure reveals striking interweaving interactions of the protein and RNA components, including extended polypeptides penetrating into subunit interfaces. The invariant ACAGAGA sequence of U6 snRNA, which base-pairs with the 5'-splice site during catalytic activation, forms a hairpin stabilized by Dib1 and Prp8 while the adjacent nucleotides interact with the exon binding loop 1 of U5 snRNA. Snu114 harbours GTP, but its putative catalytic histidine is held away from the γ-phosphate by hydrogen bonding to a tyrosine in the amino-terminal domain of Prp8. Mutation of this histidine to alanine has no detectable effect on yeast growth. The structure provides important new insights into the spliceosome activation process leading to the formation of the catalytic centre.|
|External links||Nature / PubMed:26829225 / PubMed Central|
|Methods||EM (single particle)|
|Resolution||3.6 - 4.6 Å|
|Keywords||(U4-U6.U5)tri-snRNP-specific protein, S cerevisiae / Base Pairing / Catalytic Domain / Cryoelectron Microscopy / DNA Helicases / Exons / Guanosine Triphosphate / HCS1 protein, S cerevisiae / Hydrogen Bonding / Models, Molecular / Nucleic Acid Conformation / PRP8 protein, S cerevisiae / RNA Splice Sites / RNA, Small Nuclear / Ribonucleoprotein, U4-U6 Small Nuclear / Ribonucleoprotein, U5 Small Nuclear / Ribonucleoproteins, Small Nuclear / SNU114 protein, S cerevisiae / Saccharomyces cerevisiae / Saccharomyces cerevisiae Proteins / Spliceosomes / U5 small nuclear RNA / TRANSCRIPTION / pre-mRNA splicing / snRNP / GTPase / U5 snRNA / Prp8 / spliceosome / U4/U6 snRNP / Brr2 / Snu114 / RNA-protein complex / U4/U6.U5 snRNP|
+About Yorodumi Papers
-Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
New: Covid-19 info
Related info.:Covid-19 info / Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
-Mar 5, 2020. Novel coronavirus structure data
Novel coronavirus structure data
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) defined the short name of the 2019 coronavirus as "SARS-CoV-2".
The species Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: classifying 2019-nCoV and naming it SARS-CoV-2 - nature microbiology
- In the structure databanks used in Yorodumi, some data are registered as the other names, "COVID-19 virus" and "2019-nCoV". Here are the details of the virus and the list of structure data.
Related info.:Yorodumi Speices / Aug 12, 2020. New: Covid-19 info
+Jan 31, 2019. EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
EMDB accession codes are about to change! (news from PDBe EMDB page)
- The allocation of 4 digits for EMDB accession codes will soon come to an end. Whilst these codes will remain in use, new EMDB accession codes will include an additional digit and will expand incrementally as the available range of codes is exhausted. The current 4-digit format prefixed with “EMD-” (i.e. EMD-XXXX) will advance to a 5-digit format (i.e. EMD-XXXXX), and so on. It is currently estimated that the 4-digit codes will be depleted around Spring 2019, at which point the 5-digit format will come into force. (see PDBe EMDB page)
- The EM Navigator/Yorodumi systems omit the EMD- prefix.
Related info.:Q: What is "EMD"? / ID/Accession-code notation in Yorodumi/EM Navigator
+Jul 12, 2017. Major update of PDB
Major update of PDB
- wwPDB released updated PDB data conforming to the new PDBx/mmCIF dictionary. This is a major update changing the version number from 4 to 5, and with Remediation, in which all the entries are updated. See below links for details.
- In this update, many items about electron microscopy experimental information are reorganized (e.g. em_software). Now, EM Navigator and Yorodumi are based on the updated data.
+Jun 16, 2017. Omokage search with filter
Omokage search with filter
- Result of Omokage search can be filtered by keywords and the database types
Related info.:Omokage search
Database of articles cited by EMDB/PDB/SASBDB data
- Database of articles cited by EMDB, PDB, and SASBDB entries
- Using PubMed data
Related info.:EMDB / PDB / SASBDB / Yorodumi / EMN Papers / Changes in new EM Navigator and Yorodumi